Title: Sales Assistant
Reports to: Senior Sales Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Responsible for the efficient processing, handling, and tracking of client quotes, proposals, orders, and installations. Supports Sales, Designers, Project Managers, and clients to ensure a successful collaborative project regardless of the size…small or large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare budget/proposal/bid spreadsheets as needed.
- Maintain filing system for emails, proposals/quotes, budget spreadsheets, bids on the shared network drive (SharePoint, S-Drive, R-drive).
- Assist in product/freight/labor pricing as needed.
- Accurately input vendor standard or contract discounts.
- Check orders before processing to ensure accuracy of information: Net discount, net cost, gross profit, sell discount and price, product finishes, keying information, freight, contracts, verify customer purchase order corresponds with the quote, ship to, installation location, payment terms, etc.
- Accurately code quotes/orders in Core.
- Reserve and re-reserve COM’s (customer’s own material) as needed.
- Provide deposit invoices for clients as per BFI’s credit terms.
- Verify purchase order has been received by the manufacturer.
- Track & verify COM (customer own material) orders.
- Request proforma or deposit invoices from vendors who require payment to process orders.
- Attend and participate in project team meetings.
- Troubleshoot with accounting in conjunction with vendor, sales, or design, as needed, to reconcile any vendor acknowledgment or invoice discrepancies: process change orders and follow-up.
- Communicate with clients from the start of a project through completion to build strong client relationships and inform appropriate departments of relevant detail. This includes answering all questions and responding to clients and internal partners promptly.
- Coordinate installation times with client, installation contractor, or Project Manager when required and follow-up once the installation is complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Manages competing demands.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension; Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; Keeps others adequately informed; Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; Establishes and maintains effective relations; Exhibits tact and consideration; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works actively to resolve conflicts; Works cooperatively in group situations.
Dependability – Commits to doing the best job possible; Follows instruction; Keeps commitments; Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Displays understanding of how job relates to others; Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Uses resources effectively.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Identifies problems in a timely manner; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this role.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or five years related experience and training in sales support or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years experience in a Sales support preferred
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
Exceptional Communication Skills · Strong Organizational Skills
Proficient knowledge of reading and writing the English language. Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance. Able to use a calculator. Basic Excel formulas.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Core, HMI OMNI.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, online filing, scanners, and fax machines.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Send resume and salary requirements to
Linda D’Adamo, firstname.lastname@example.org