Sr. Project Manager
Title: Sr. Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Director of Project Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary point of contact for the project team responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing scheduling and logistics for each assigned project. Responsible for ensuring the scope of delivery and installation is attainable. Analyzes potential risks, issues or changes that could have a financial or scheduling impact and makes changes accordingly. Resides among the leadership of the project management team to improve processes, services, and team dynamics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Successfully execute several multi-faceted projects simultaneously.
- Act as lead of the project management team in the temporary absence of the Director.
- Assist in creating bid documentation.
- Assist in evaluating the performance of fellow project managers.
- Mentor junior personnel in areas such as leadership, methodology, tools, people skills, conflict resolution and general communication skills.
- Make continuous improvement a priority.
- Act as lead of a project in the temporary absence of the salesperson.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Brings valuable contributions to the team from previous experience at other dealerships.
- Perform all essential duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Recognizes and acts on opportunities; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Conflict Resolution - Confronts difficult situations; Encourages open communications; Keeps emotions under control; Maintains objectivity; Uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Seeks feedback to improve performance; Shares expertise with others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Initiative - Asks for help when needed. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Undertakes self-development activities; Volunteers readily.
- Innovation - Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires respect and trust; Motivates others to perform well; Reacts well under pressure; Shows courage to take action.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Identifies problems in a timely manner; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or ten or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Project Management certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret technical planning guides. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization. Ability to actively listen to feedback to hone skills and improve design.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to measure simple spaces and assist in measuring larger spaces.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have competent knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Position requires regular travel within the tri-state area. Position may require approximately 40% travel out of the tri-state area to service National Accounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach and hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is primarily within an office environment and on active construction sites.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Send resume and salary requirements to
Linda D'Adamo, firstname.lastname@example.org