Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Director of Project Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date of Last Revision: Feb 2021
A primary point of contact for the project team responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing scheduling and logistics for each assigned project. Responsible for ensuring the scope of delivery and installation is attainable. Analyzes potential risks, issues or changes that could have a financial or scheduling impact, makes revisions and informs project team accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Salesperson, Designer and Sales Assistant to create a project profile and strategy for successful completion.
- Assist in establishing fees and producing professional, accurate quotations that protect the profit margin. (Moved from end of list since it is a task completed early in the process)
- Act as the secondary point of contact, after the salesperson, for the customer regarding all project communications throughout the project, until completion.
- Develop work plans, schedules and logistics while organizing deliveries based on overall project parameters, including project schedule, scope and customer goals in conjunction with the sales team.
- Serve as the secondary point of contact and coordinate with all third-party firms (architecture & design firms, contractors, cabling vendors, building managers, electricians, other trades, client’s facility managers, and IT groups, movers, etc).
- Maintain detailed project documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions.
- Provide timely and formal written communications throughout projects and disseminate all critical information to clients and project teams.
- As needed, review plans and specifications for accuracy and thoroughness. Make any necessary corrections related to product application prior to order placement.
- Review ship dates for adherence to the original schedule.
- Interface with internal team to revise ship dates if required.
- Create pre-delivery documentation for team.
- Plan and supervise product delivery and installation, including installation work performance, installation administration, and timeliness of task completion.
- Create a detailed punch list, including critical dates, chargebacks and client acknowledgment of work and responsibility.
- Conduct final walk-through with required parties, develop and resolve open issues/punch list, and get sign-off from the client on acceptance.
- Confirm project completion and ensure all invoicing is timely and accurate.
- Create project close-out documentation for submittal to the client and A&D firm.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adaptability - Accepts criticism and feedback; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Manages competing demands.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension; Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; Keeps others adequately informed; Selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Demonstrates group presentation skills; Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Conflict Resolution - Confronts difficult situations; Encourages open communications; Keeps emotions under control; Maintains objectivity; Uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible; Follows instruction; Keeps commitments; Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Identifies problems in a timely manner; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Coordinates projects; Develops project plans; Manages project team activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret technical planning guides. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization. Ability to actively listen to feedback to hone skills and improve design.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to measure simple spaces and assist in measuring larger spaces.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have competent knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Position requires regular travel within the tri-state area. Position may require approximately 40% travel out of the tri-state area to service National Accounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach and hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is primarily within an office environment and on active construction sites.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Send resume and salary requirements to
Linda D'Adamo, firstname.lastname@example.org